November 12, 2011

Yes, I'm pregnant and here's the story. It is good but has a few rough patches!!

So the news is out! I'm pregnant!!!! With four kids in the house and with a father with Alzheimer's, no, this wasn't planned. It has been a huge blessing though!! We are soooo excited!!!! I am now 10 1/2 weeks but it has been a rough road for the past couple months. We know it is all worth it though in the end when we get to hold our little love!
So, Sept. 26 I took a pregnancy test because I just had that feeling. I had already skipped my monthly but that wasn't too uncommon for me to be early or late due to a medication I was on. Between that and other feelings I just decided to take a test though and was pretty shocked when it came out positive! I took another one just to be sure!! I didn't tell anyone all day. By that night I couldn't hold it in any longer but I wasn't prepared to tell the family so I confided in my neighbor. I had a ton of fears and was a little excited. That night laying in bed I knew I had to tell Randy. I waited till the morning and took one more test. I was still in disbelief! Ha ha!! Of course it came out positive! I made muffins that morning (I didn't have buns) and made one single in a pan. I had him open the oven and told him that way! A muffin in the oven!! He was surprised but said that he was figuring it out with how I'd been acting lately. I guess he knows me better than I know myself! lol
I took one of Hanni's shirts and put Big Sister on the back and had her model that morning for my parents. I didn't tell her what it said. My mom didn't get it at first. She was saying, "so, she is a big sister." I told her, no, Hanni is the little sister in the family! It finally dawned on her! Ha ha!
Well, the next day, Sept. 28, I started spotting. Oh, no! We had all gotten excited and then that. Randy took me to the hospital. They did an ultrasound and found the sac. They also put me on partial bedrest. They couldn't really say what was going on but set me up at the doctors the next week. I was still spotting by then but nothing huge. I have also had cramps and back pain. The doctor did another ultrasound and found the yolk, which they hadn't seen before!! They also ordered blood work to find out my HCG levels. I had to go every other day for those. They kept going up! I had another ultrasound soon after and they found the beginnings of the fetal pole! Then, I had an ultrasound where they finally saw a heartbeat!!!! The best sound in the world to me!! They put me at 6 weeks 3 days and my due date June 4th!
I have still been crampy and had some backaches. I went in for my appt. on Thursday. They tried to find the heartbeat on the doppler but as soon as they would hear something it would go away. Never even lasted a second. The doctor went to get the ultrasound machine while I waited nervously. They immediately found it and had to get it quick because, we have a squirmy baby!!!!! The heartbeat is 160 bpm. The baby is growing right on schedule! We are over the moon! This was Randy's first doctors appt. with me and he was so excited to see the baby.
It has been hard though. I am in a constant state of nervousness with all the cramping I get. I am also still on partial bedrest. Very frustrating!! This is the time of year for me to be baking and I can't do much.
The kids have been great though. This baby has truly brought the family together. Eli and Hanni do school in my room now. The girls are working with grandma. All have been so helpful! Especially the older girls! They have taken on alot but seem to really enjoy helping. I couldn't do it without my family and I praise God that he has blessed me with such wonderful help and love! I know they didn't sign up for this but they do it with a smile on their face! I couldn't ask for more!
The big girls are even taking over most of Thanksgiving!! I am proud of each of my kids and proud to be a part of this family!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is very exciting and I am happy that all the kids are coming together, albeit bedside, to help! Keep off those feet girlie!!! You can make Christmas cookies NEXT YEAR! With a little baby straddled to your hip! Then it will all have been worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited! I am also so proud of my kiddos!! I am trying to stay off the feet as much as possible (sometimes hard since I am usually on the go). I try to get all my errands/chores done early in the day so I can relax the rest of the day now! The girls love making Christmas goodies so we have that area covered. They bake and I eat! lol

    ReplyDelete