November 5, 2011

A date and the mountains in the fall!

Randy and I don't go out on dates too often, but I was really craving alone time with him and a date so he took me out a couple weeks ago. I really wanted to go to the mountains and see the leaves. Our leaves here are gorgeous but there is something about being in the mountains and seeing the beautiful fall colors. We started out at our favorite apple picking place to get some pumpkins. And get some pumpkins we did!! SEVEN!! He wanted to get a couple to cook with and we ended up carving five.

We had so much fun at the farm! The views were perfect there!


I was kinda disappointed with the pictures because you can't really see the colors the we saw that day! I mean red, orange and yellow with a little green still in there. It was so beautiful! Only God can make such beautiful colors with nature!!


After we went to the farm we headed to Cracker Barrel because we were both starving. We had to wait 30 minutes for a table but that was ok because I love their store! By the time we sat and got our food we actually ate our whole meal. Neither of us ever do that at Cracker Barrel. It is so much but all that mountain air had us starved!!
After Cracker Barrel we stopped at one of our favorite stands in the mountains to get some honey. Yummmm! I actually got some tomato preserves too since I haven't tried them and want to before I make a batch next summer. I haven't tried them yet but am looking forward to it.
We drove home the back way and just enjoyed the ride and each other company. On the way home we stopped at Game Stop and picked up one of Hanni's birthday presents. Another Wii so she and Eli could have one in their room! They both love having it and I love being able to watch what I want or play what I want on the other one! It is a win win situation!
Our date was the best and I can't wait for our next one. We really need to go out just the two of us more!

No comments:

Post a Comment