November 26, 2011

I love Thanksgiving week!

I am seriously in love with Thanksgiving and the whole week leading up to it and the days after! I love all the prep in the kitchen the days before. Our menu was big this year (it usually is). I made my sweet potato casserole and I usually just make plain sweet potato casserole but to me it is just there for tradition. That marshmallow topped dish is pretty and traditional but it usually is the last leftover in the fridge and we just eat it on Thanksgiving because we are supposed to. This year though I put cranberries in it!! I soaked the cranberries in brandy and apple juice for a few hours before so. They were incredible!!!! But this post isn't about the sweet potatoes, it is about my love for all things this time of year! I love the big grocery trip for all the Thanksgiving foods. I love the prep work in the kitchen for two days before Thanksgiving. We do the sides on Tuesday and the pies on Wednesday. I love having to order pizza on Wednesday night because nobody feels like doing much till Thursday morning and because there really isn't any room to do anything! I love all of that! I also love waking up Thursday morning and getting the turkey ready, kinda racing to get the turkey in before the parade starts!! This year was a success!
I love the smells of the turkey cooking!

This year we had 6 pies and a cheesecake!

Ridiculous but so good!!
I also love the movies on the day after Thanksgiving! This year I taught my son about all those wonderful movies and just to curl up and relax and watch movies. He loved it!! There is always something nice about the day of rest after all that fun work though. We skipped Black Friday this year so I can take it easy. Ha! I try, I really do. My goal is to always get my tree decorated on Friday but it usually gets done on Saturday.
This year wasn't much different. Yesterday, the kids and I worked our little tails off to get the trees up and all the decorations up. We still have one tree to decorate and the indoor decorations to finish. Maryjo did the outside lights which are awesome!! Thank you, Maryjo!!! Like I said this is one of my favorite weeks of the year! I love the time leading up to Christmas! I love the family time! I love the food! I just love it all!! I hope everyone is having a wonderful blessed Thanksgiving week and weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment