November 14, 2011

A fantabulous weekend

I had the best weekend. I wish all weekends could be this fun! On Saturday morning Maryjo and I headed out to go to the homeschool bookstore. Unfortunately, we drove all that way and the store that is usually open on Sat. was closed! We went to our next stop to see Randy. Then we went to the grocery store. On the way home I decided all the kiddos need haircuts. I was feeling pretty good on Sat. so we pulled into the salon to see if they could take us. They told us about and hour wait. I went home to get Gracie and Eli and made an early afternoon appt for the three of them. We ran to Sally's to get some color for my mom's hair and a new hair dryer so I am not always borrowing my mom's. Then off to the salon. Eli got his long hair cut short, Maryjo and Gracie both got shorter do's. They all look precious! I trimmed Hanni's hair on Sunday morning. We relaxed the rest of Sat. though. On Sunday, Randy and I decided to go on a date for my birthday. I was supposed to color the girls hair but I knew I would get to it. We went to Longhorns and I had the most fantastic meal! My favorite! Steak and lobster tail!! MMMMMMmmmmm
While we were eating I went to the bathroom and literally had to lean against the wall to get my pants to button! The next time I went I couldn't get them at all! I only had about 3 bites of food too. Our plan was to look for some bigger clothes for me. My mom is going shopping tomorrow for my birthday and wanted an idea of what I want or need. I ended up getting some pj pants at Old Navy and looked for some maternity pants that would work for me not really showing yet but getting there. We headed to Kohls and I found a pair of black slacks! I tried them on and I knew they were meant for me! So comfy and fit perfect, the legs are a little big but I wanted that because I don't know how much I will gain. I am hoping not alot though! The belly was perfect and will continue to support me as I get bigger!! Love them. I also got a couple shirts and some Christmas presents for the kiddos!
We got home and I just sat! I was so tired. I did manage to pull Gracie's hair through the cap and my mom highlighted it.
Today, Maryjo and I had success at the bookstore! She got what she needed and I got some activity books for the little ones. I took about a 2 hour nap this afternoon! I loved it! I pulled Maryjo's hair through the cap this afternoon and mom did it. Then all the girls wanted pink on their hair! I did Hanni's and Maryjo did hers and Gracie's. It is semi permanent so it will wash out! They are all so cute!!
All in all it was a successful weekend and so fun. When I think about it, it seems busy but it was all so relaxing. Just what we all needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment