November 11, 2011

Pizza Fridays!

As a child I ALWAYS got excited about pizza for dinner. We didn't have it all the time and we never ordered it. It was always homemade and I would get to help with the toppings. For a kiddo that is the coolest (as an adult I really get a kick out of putting my own toppings on too)! The only two places closest enough to order from when I was a kid, well one always made us sick the next day and the other we just didn't like. We are now living back in the same area and it is so easy to order pizza. So many options. Crazy how the area has grown. As an older kiddo, we moved to Florida and there were a ton of options there. We usually get Hungry Howies on Wednesday nights so we could hurry and eat and get to church. It was always so good! But, we didn't have pizza Friday like some families. I always wanted that growing up. My mom and I were talking the other morning and she told me she kinda wanted something like that too.
Randy and I used to do something like it off and on but it got expensive! I decided to start it this week and got some yummy pizza stuff to make it on our own. Saves money but not time. In fact it took forever but each bite was so worth it. Why order out when what we ate was soooo much better? Well, it is easier to order, but we will probably make our own most of the time. We can choose the toppings we like that you can't get out and really make what you want! I love that option!! We are only one week into pizza Fridays but we all loved it and will continue the tradition!! Except the day after Thanksgiving when we will be eating up turkey (hmm, turkey pizza?).

On another note, I would like to thank all the veterans! You have given so much and thank you so much for you sacrifice! Especially to my husband and my father!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment