November 9, 2011

Halloween


We had a great Halloween! I usually cringe about Halloween, getting the kids all dressed up, trying to get out to trick or treat on time, and following them around while they want to push the limit on how long they want to stay out and get candy. The candy! That is another story!! I can't stand all that candy in the house! I have a rule that they get only 3 pieces on Halloween night and then three each day after till it's gone (or they finally forget about it and I can throw it away). Usually each day they ask for some they tend to push how much they get to about 5 pieces but that isn't too bad.
This year was great though. Maryjo went as a nerd, Gracie went as a vampire, Eli was Spiderman, and Hanni was Tinkerbell. They all looked great and getting them ready was a piece of cake! Thanks to my mom who did Gracie's awesome makeup job!!! We also had Maryjo's boyfriend, Blake, who went with us, but he didn't dress up.

Aren't they all adorable!!!
I started off with all 5 of them in the little car. Randy usually takes the van and was still working so we all jammed into the little car and headed out! I was starting to get stressed with how crowded it was and following them in the car. Some kids took forever to get back from the houses while others were already at the car waiting for instructions on whether to walk or ride to the next house! Fortunately, about 20 minutes or so after starting I got a call from Randy!! He met us in the neighborhood we were in and was willing to take all the kiddos!! I told him to take the teens and I would take the two littles. I was so fortunate and they were so much FUN!!


They would hold hands going up to the houses and got along the whole time! They didn't even get scared when monsters (people) would jump out from the woods and from behind trees! Very brave little ones! We even stayed out later than I have ever kept them out for Halloween. They were ready whenever I was to head home but I was having so much fun watching them that we kept going. Not that they complained.
I say I won on Halloween night because I got the cuties and Randy had to follow a bunch of teenagers around! lol


Now Randy and the big kids said they had fun too but seriously Eli, Hanni, and I had the most fun. We are not a competitive family, but I think I am just happy I finally had fun on Halloween.
A funny story though, Randy was dropping Blake off for the night and child locks were on. Maryjo couldn't get out of the car to walk him to the door!! Ha! I have to wonder if Randy did that on purpose!!
I hope everyone had a great Halloween night like we all did. Now it is on to one of my favorites!! Thanksgiving!! Christmas is my other fave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment