April 16, 2012

Bread making with the big girls!

Both my big girls have shown interest in making homemade bread and things from a rising dough (pretzels, bagels, cinnamon rolls). I told them to both make a basic white bread first and then move on from that. I asked if they would like to try a new bread each week and they both seemed to like the idea. We will start next week with a basic white bread and then move on to other things. Since bread making tends to take a little while they will work on different days. Gracie is extremely enthusiastic about the whole thing. This week we will be making a sourdough starter and even an Amish friendship bread starter (which Gracie wants to start). Watch out friends and neighbors because if we can keep it alive you will probably be getting some. I have always enjoyed making bread and I think both girls will like it also! It is always nice to come home to fresh bread baking! I used to bake bread every other day and Randy loved coming home to the smell! Now I don't make it as much but still love the process and can't wait for my girls to have that same experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment