April 16, 2012

Our anniversary!

Randy and I have been married for nine years! Some days it doesn't seem that long (time flies when your having fun). Other days it feels like we have been together for 50 years (we are still having fun though :)! Our anniversary isn't a day we usually make a big deal out of. Every day is a day to show our love to one another and we don't really need a calendar to remind us of that. Most years we do go out to eat, which is a treat from my parents. This year was a little different though. I loved what my family did! They got us a pressure canner and a few books on canning. Randy and I have fallen in love with preserving seasonal foods so that was the perfect thing for us! Especially this time of year! My plans for our anniversary were to stay in, have our usual Friday night pizza night, and look through our new books. Ha! At 4:30 Randy called me and asked if he had some nice slacks and a nice shirt clean for his ceremony that night. How could I have forgotten when we were just talking about it the day before and I convinced him to go AND that I would be there for it!? He was inducted into the National Honor Society Friday night! I rushed to get ready because we were supposed to be there by 6. He got home about 5:45 and also rushed to get out the door. Fortunately it didn't start till 7 but we were a little late. It was a nice ceremony and fairly short but I had only had the kiddos order a couple pizzas and was afraid they would be gone by the time we got home so we went out to eat anyway. We went to Bojangles! Yes, fast food for our anniversary, we know how to party! We then came straight home and got ready for bed. Yup, really party animals! Bed by 9:30! It was a perfect day though and we both enjoyed ourselves and each others company very much. I am so proud of my husband and all his accomplishments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment