March 4, 2012

Not the most classy pregnant lady

Oh my! I am now in a boot limping on both legs! I had finally gotten over this major leg cramp I got in the middle of the night last week when on Friday afternoon I took my kiddos out to see The Lorax to celebrate Dr. Suess birthday and for being so patient going to appts and such with me. We decided to go have some lunch first. We went to a family favorite restaurant, Fatz and had a good time. At the end of our meal Eli had to go potty and I got up to point him in the direction of the boys room and fell. It was actually pretty weird, when I got up my foot just rolled under me and my ankle gave out. I threw myself back so I wouldn't fall forward on my belly. I fell hard. I have a pretty little bruise on my back. I tried not to cry (one from incredible pain and two from embarrassment). I got up as calmly as I could and pointed Eli (who was just standing there in shock the whole time)towards the bathroom. I then sat down and waited for the check. By the time we got to the car my foot and ankle were swollen pretty bad. I swung by to take Randy so food and he looked at it. I was also monitoring kicks from the baby at this point. I called the nurse and she told me signs to look for but told me other than that the baby is well cushioned and most likely fine. We then went to the movie. I was in pain and trying not to cry the whole time but figured out I could count baby kicks there. Ha! I had to go to the potty so much that I never got a good kick count. But when we got to the car my foot and ankle were huge. We went home and I elevated and iced it. By the time I got Randy the baby was moving but very low (lower than ever before) and not as much as normal. Randy took one look at my foot and said we were going to the hospital. I called the nurses line to find out where to go. As we waited for a call back we just went to the ER. They sent me straight to L & D to monitor the baby. Baby boy is fine (praise God)! We went back to the ER. Xrays on my foot because the doctor really couldn't tell with all the swelling if it was broken. Well, it is a severe sprain. They put me in a boot since I am pregnant and worried about me with crutches. It actually helps to walk surprisingly well. Without it I am just hobbling in a funny manner.
Well, tonight I am up in the middle of the night with another leg cramp. So now I am hobbling on that leg and limping on my sprain! Whoever said pregnancy is beautiful is crazy! I don't sleep well most nights, I have constant indigestion, tummy aches and gas, and now I can't even walk pretty! Pregnancy might not be a pretty thing but in all honesty it is so worth every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment