January 15, 2012

Savory Sunday

My goal is to have my menu planned about a month in advance. I get so tired of some nights hearing what are we having for dinner. I usually have no clue and just have to think quick or run to the store and grab a frozen lasagna or something. I am just sick of not knowing sometimes.
I am going to put our menu for the week on my blog each Sunday. One it keeps me in check and two maybe it can give others ideas!!

Sunday-Grandma's green bean, mashed potato casserole
Monday-Crockpot chicken and dumplings
Tuesday-Spaghetti (hopefully Grandma's!)
Wednesday-Fish of some sort. We have some in the freezer that needs to be eaten.
Thursday-Leftover spaghetti
Friday-Pizza night
Saturday-Hamburger Helper

I try to make some nights really easy so the big kiddos can make dinner. I also didn't include sides due to the fact that we have stuff in the freezer that needs to be eaten. Also it will depend on the meal and what sides are on sale that week! I am also hoping having a menu will keep me out of the grocery store so much and therefore save money!!!

2 comments:

  1. I used to menu plan, too, and really need to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried in the past to do a weekly one and it just gets forgotten after a couple weeks. Now I am determined to keep up with it by planning about a months worth of meals at a time!

    ReplyDelete