October 17, 2019

Birthday weekend

What a fun but busy weekend!!! On Friday Hanni and I ventured out to do some birthday shopping for her party on Saturday. It was kind of spur of the moment, invite some friends over type thing because we didn’t know how Eli would be doing. Well, after we told her he started having a rough time but fortunately the few days before her party had done well and felt good. On Friday night I went to book club which was so very refreshing and wonderful!! I love my book club and the ladies in it. I have not gone in several months and was thrilled to be back. I did slip out a little early to get back home to help Randy if he needed it with Eli. On Saturday we had a slow morning but then Hanni and I headed out to pick up her cake and came home to clean the guinea pig cage. We adore our sweet Nutmeg and Noel! Then friends started showing up. Randy set up the bonfire in the yard and while Hanni and her friends walked down I drove Eli. It was so great seeing him out and about!! We roasted hotdogs and s’mores. It was funny because the boys didn’t have a clue about cooking marshmallows on the bonfire. That’s ok, the girls taught them! We made it an early party due to Randy having to work Sunday morning. I am so thankful for all of her friends and love each of them! We had a ball! Sunday was a slow day. We started our Christmas crafting and watched movies and tv. We kicked off our fall break this past weekend and Sunday was the perfect day for how it needs to be. We’ve been so busy and stressed with Eli’s surgery and just life that we just need quiet and relaxed. My fall and winter goal this year is calm. This fall break is embracing that! Family time, time for self, time for just stillness but still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment