April 18, 2011

We have been busy...

It has been over a month since I have blogged! We have been busy though in our gardens. We usually have a small garden with some tomatoes and a few eggplants, maybe a pepper or two. One year we tried corn and sunflowers. That same year my daddy had a pretty big garden that Randy and he worked on when Randy had time but it was usually just daddy out there. This year Randy talked about doing a bigger garden and I thought maybe the size of daddy's that one year but nope! His garden is (as what my awesome neighbor calls it) a crop! We also put in three blueberry bushes and a fig tree. I couldn't resist putting some honeysuckle on the side of the house when my neighbor was talking about honeysuckle cause I personally love it and I know the kiddos will also! I found pink honeysuckle!! We have planted a few bulbs and I want to dig up some of the front yard and put a garden in there as well. Next year we are also thinking about putting in some more fruit trees and bushes. This whole process has really brought the family together even though the older girls hate working in the garden, I get the feeling from their grumbles and such. Ha! But, I am trying to find different things for them to do around the house that needs to be done while we garden sometimes so they don't have to do as much. Gracie cooked dinner for us last night, which was such a blessing and something that needed to be done as well!! The little kiddos love being out there! I will put up pics of the the garden area soon and pics of some of the other things we are doing in the yard. It has been an awesome process and I love it all but the best part is when we start harvesting what we have grown we will be eating food we have grown and we know what is in it and we have saved some money at the store each trip!! We are so blessed to have each other and the ability and land to work on this project together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment